Join Our Team
System Test Engineer
System Test (QA) Engineer
Deep Sentinel is a breakthrough, next-generation home security company that combines state-of-the-art technology (camera, audio, mobile interface, etc.), artificial intelligence, and real human guards watching cameras in real-time.
No other security company does this. Whereas all other physical security solutions are either reactive (when it is often too late) or require self-monitoring, Deep Sentinel is truly proactive, intervening on potential criminal activity before it happens. Deep Sentinel is literally the only monitored home security system that can (and does!) predict then prevent burglaries before they happen. The Deep Sentinel solution is also easy to install and extremely affordable.
To see how it works, visit: https://www.deepsentinel.com/how-deep-sentinel-works
The company is backed by top investors including Jeff Bezos and top-tier Venture Capital firms including Shasta Ventures (Nest, NextDoor), Slow Ventures, UP2398, FoundersFund (Facebook), and Lux Capital.
For more information visit: https://www.deepsentinel.com/
The System Test (QA) team plays a crucial role in guaranteeing the robustness of every new feature and bug fix before they reach internal and external customers. Our core mission is to meticulously validate the functionality, performance, and reliability of the software, leaving no room for uncertainty. By adopting a proactive approach and shifting testing to the early stages of development, we ensure that the code undergoes rigorous scrutiny, minimizing the likelihood of multiple iterations.
Our commitment extends to comprehensive testing coverage, encompassing a spectrum of scenarios that the code will encounter post-release. We leave no stone unturned, examining the software from every angle, and ensuring its readiness for a seamless deployment. Our focus transcends the immediate testing phase; it extends to end-to-end testing, traversing the entire spectrum from feature specification to regression testing. This approach guarantees that our software consistently meets the highest standards of quality and reliability, delivering value to both our customers and the organization as a whole.
We are in search of a System Test (QA) engineer who embodies the qualities of a proactive, self-motivated individual, capable of keenly identifying and addressing system issues. We seek someone with a discerning eye for problem-solving, able to see through complexities and conduct in-depth analysis. This engineer will play a pivotal role in sharing their insights and findings with fellow team members, fostering a collaborative approach to problem-solving. The ultimate objective is to meticulously document the testing process and provide clear, concise reports and records of identified issues.
This integral role contributes significantly to our release process, ensuring its efficiency without compromising quality. By systematically identifying and addressing issues, our System Test (QA) engineer helps fortify our software’s reliability, thus enhancing the overall quality of our products. The engineer’s dedication to thorough testing and diligent reporting empowers our team to make informed decisions, resulting in a refined and efficient release process that upholds the highest standards of quality assurance.
What you will do
1. Conduct comprehensive testing of new features or enhancements, encompassing the entire testing lifecycle. This involves:
· Reviewing the necessary documentation
· Creating a Test Plan
· Developing test cases
· Executing test cases.
· Reporting any identified issues (bugs)
· Verifying and confirming fixes for reported bugs
· Ensuring the feature or improvement is ready for deployment
2. Perform system testing, including evaluations of:
· Web client(s)
· Cloud services
· AI functionality
· E-commerce aspects
· Integration testing across all the mentioned components.
3. Execute regression testing on the company’s products to ensure their ongoing quality and stability.
4. Collaborate and provide support to other technical team members, fostering a cohesive work environment.
5. Interact with international QA engineers and various cross-functional teams, facilitating global collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in software testing.
- Proficiency in designing, composing, and executing comprehensive test cases.
- Demonstrated capability to identify and replicate complex issues effectively.
- Strong aptitude for articulating precise steps to reproduce and document bugs.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, enabling the identification of weaknesses in products and solutions, and proposing enhancements to improve the user experience.
- Self-driven and adept at independently comprehending product/application domains and resolving intricate problems.
- Well-honed communication skills for collaborating with colleagues from various departments, sharing information, delivering constructive feedback, and advocating for your perspective.
- Outstanding English language proficiency and communication skills.
- Familiarity with various testing methodologies, including manual testing, automated testing, regression testing, and performance testing.
- Experience in creating and maintaining detailed test documentation, including test plans, test cases, and test reports.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and emerging trends in quality assurance and testing.
- Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve software defects efficiently.
- Comfort with working in a collaborative team environment and contributing to a positive and proactive team culture.
- Prior experience in utilizing proprietary issue-tracking software, such as ClickUp, Jira, and similar tools, for efficient bug tracking and project management.
- Proficiency in using test case management tools like TestRail, Testmo, PractiTest, or equivalent platforms to streamline test case organization and execution.
- Demonstrated background in usability testing methodologies, ensuring products meet user experience and design expectations.
- Familiarity with popular e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, WIX, and others, to facilitate e-commerce site testing.
- Knowledge and comfort working with Windows, MAC, and Linux operating systems, including command-line interactions for troubleshooting and testing.
- Familiarity with iOS and Android environments, enabling comprehensive mobile application testing.
- Proficiency with iOS TestFlight and Google Play Beta program usage for efficient beta testing of mobile applications.
- Understanding of network protocols, with a focus on streaming protocols like RTSP, RTP, UDP, TCP, MQTT, and HTTP, to facilitate comprehensive testing of network-dependent applications.
- Basic comprehension of ONVIF (Open Network Video Interface Forum) and IoT (Internet of Things) technologies, allowing for more in-depth testing of devices and systems in these domains.
- Familiarity with IP security cameras and Video Management Systems (VMS) for effective testing and quality assurance in the surveillance and security industry.
- Familiarity with automation and related tools, such as Postman, Selenium, and Python, to enhance testing efficiency and coverage in automated test scenarios
LiveSentinel Center (LSC) Guard
We are seeking awesome experienced people with a background in monitoring, loss prevention, emergency dispatch or alarm call centers to join our small team. We are looking for people who understand the inner workings of surveillance monitoring, including the duties of calling 911 Emergency operators. Protecting our customers and giving the best protection available is our top priority.
The main function of the position of LSC guard is to provide home monitoring via cameras and, if necessary, intervene to warn off trespassers and potential thieves. LSC guards will review any events that trigger our AI security systems on the perimeter of customer’s homes. If necessary, you will contact the threat via 2-way audio in the customer’s perimeter, contact 911 emergency, or both to address the threat. Our system is designed to predict, prevent, and protect customer homes and businesses from crime by identifying threats and addressing them.
- We are not your average security monitoring company. This position is more than just security—it is the lifeblood of the company. We are looking for someone looking to increase all of his or her skills and make a real difference in security.
- Involves 40 hours of specialized training, specifically designed around our own unique brand of security.
- Using our technology, you will review actual, live events and determine the plan of action: address the subject, contact 911 dispatch, trigger a siren or call the homeowner.
- Provide internal feedback as an advocate for customers in the company: Identify and escalate priority issues, build processes to identify and avoid repeat mistakes/issues.
- Assist in providing feedback on internal processes for managing our central security station.
- Work with customer service teams and engineering to refine our system.
- 1 year minimum in the security/law enforcement/emergency dispatch, surveillance.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications (i.e. web browsing applications, email etc.)
- Experience working with law enforcement or a law enforcement background preferred.
- Love of technology—we are an AI and tech company. We are all geeks!
- Type 35 WPM minimum.
- Be proficient in communicating in stressful situations. You will be trained and tested. Calling 911 in an emergency requires calmness and clarity of thought!
- Be comfortable using your voice! You will need to communicate to customers courteously, 911 clearly and concisely, and suspects firmly and confidently!
- Be able to work on various shifts and work mandatory overtime.
- Be able to work from home without distractions during the pandemic. Equipment will be provided.
- We are looking for people who are curious by nature and willing to intervene and investigate situations without hesitation.